Saturday, April 16, 2011

Snack Attack

I snack all day long. I have never been a three-meal-a-day kind of girl. Before, I would just snack...and snack...and snack....but now I find myself getting full faster and feeling a lot more satisfied with vegan choices. It's easier to eat when I'm hungry & stop when I am full...
Here are some delicious and nutritous snacks that I can't get enough of right now!

Lenny & Larry's Complete Cookie















A friend bought me the double chocolate cookie, and I officially became hooked. I tried the chocolate chip one today, and it is just as good. Other flavors include: lemon poppy, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, and pumpkin. They are everything you want a cookie to be...only better. You would seriously never know these are vegan. I buy these at Whole Foods for only $1.99. Each cookie has 2 servings, and believe me..half of the cookie is so filling!

"For 15 years, The Complete Cookie has been a top product for Lenny & Larry’s; Vegan, No preservatives, No dairy products, No animal products, 15 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, 0 grams of trans fat, kosher and All Natural. The Vegan said to our cookie, ”You Complete Me!” "

-From http://www.lennylarry.com/index.php:

Izze All Natural Flavored Juice Beverages

I'm a little obsessed. These are great for those of you looking for a healthier soda substitute. They are all-natural with fruit juice & sparkling water. They do not use refined sugars, preservatives, or artificial flavors. My favorite flavors are Sparkling Blackberry, Sparkling Apple, and Sparkling Lime. For those who haven't tried Izze before, I suggest the Sparkling Apple. You can find these at Whole Foods, CVS, Starbucks, Zoe's, and I'm pretty sure Target carries them.


Apples & Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter




Peanut Butter & Co is AMAZING, especially if you LOVE peanut butter as much as this girl.
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl + Apple Slices=yumyumyum. I can't wait to get my hands on the White Chocolate Wonderful :-P I bought mine at World Market, but I know I have seen these at Publix.
These all natural (no stir) peanut butters are certified vegan and gluten free.
Isn't that monkey too cute??


Almonds

I try to eat atleast one serving of almonds a day. They are a heart-healthy snack. A good source of fiber, protein, Vitamin E...and  they are so filling. Almond butter and almond milk are on my shopping list...the almond butter is yummy on veggies like celery sticks.

Annie's Homegrown Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks






Pretzel Crisps and Sabra Hummus



Other yummy snacks:
  • Freeze a banana and then mash it up for a frozen treat
  • Rice Cakes
  • Applesauce
  • Blue Corn Tortilla Chips & Salsa
  • Popcorn
  • A colorful fruit salad
  • Hummus &Veggies
  • Raisins
What are your favorite snacks???

No comments:

Post a Comment