Monday, June 13, 2011

Vegetarian Celebrities

Wow, I am on a roll! Really I am just procrastinating because I need to be studying for the GRE. Well that can wait because I wanted to post this before I forgot (which is very likely). I know that some people do not care about celebrities and are not easily influenced by them. Well, not me! I mean look at Carrie Underwood; she looks amazing! For those of you that don't know, Carrie is a vegetarian! The list of vegan and vegetarian celebrities is surprisingly long. Right now, PETA has a poll where you can vote for the sexiest vegetarian of 2011. Even if you don't want to vote, you will be surprised at some of the names on the lists of both celeb males and femails. You can  Vote Here. It lets you vote via Twitter or the website.

I know that Alicia Silverstone and Natalie Portman were both big influences for me to try being a vegan. You think, well they look amazing and if they can do it, I can do it. Living in the south, it's so hard to have this lifestyle, but it is nice to know there so many wonderful and influential people out there that are just as compassionate as you about health, the environment, and animals.
I am sure they all have different reasons for their lifestyle. Josh Hartnett has been a vegetarian for several years. His reason? "One day I was cutting up a chicken for my mom, and I hit a tumor with the knife," Hartnett said. "There was [pus] and blood all over the place. That was enough for me." (PETA) Yuck.



There are so many vegan/vegetarian celebs. To name a few:
  • Alicia Silverstone
  • Paul McCartney
  • Kellie Pickler
  • Kristen Bell
  • Tobey Maguire
  • Natalie Portman
  • Anne Hathaway
  • Shania Twain
  • Ellen Degeneres
  • Colbie Caillat
  • Steve-O
  • Russell Brand
  • Mike Tyson
I think I am going to vote for Alicia Silverstone & Russell Brand.
Were you surprised by any of the celebrities on the list?
Who would you vote for?

No comments:

Post a Comment