Monday, April 25, 2011

"What do you eat???"

This is a common question that I get asked. Apparently some people think God only provided us with meat & cheese? Well, I just want to clarify that I am not munching on lettuce all day long. Today I recorded all of the meals & snacks I ate. By the way, a lot of the ingredients for my meals & snacks came from Wal-Mart, so it's not like I can only shop at Whole Foods (even though I really wish I did only shop there..sigh...) Eventually I will find my camera cord and be able to upload pictures of the food I cook...until then, here is a brief list of my food today....along with some lovely google images for all of you visual learners.

Breakfast:
  • Flax Plus Multibran Cereal & Earth Balance Soymilk
  • Grapefruit
Snack:
  • Terra Sweet Potato Chips
Lunch:
  • Corn on the cob
  • Vegan Hot dog on whole wheat bun
  • Cape Cod Kettle Cooked BBQ chips
Snack:
  • Athenos Whole Wheat pita chips
  • Sabra Original hummus
Dinner:
  • Portabella Mushroom burger on whole wheat bun with Daiya Cheese (V)
  • Sweet Potato Tator Tots
  • 2 Dairy Free Fig Newman cookies


Writing down what you eat is a great way to evaluate your diet at the end of each day. I have a small notebook where I am recording each day's foods and my weight each week. By looking at today's meals I can evaluate that I need more green vegetables added, and less starchy ones (like corn & sweet potatos). I need to also add more fruit.

What vegetable/fruit did you eat today??

2 comments:

  1. I looove Daiya cheddar! I really want to try the pepper jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only tried the mozzarella...everytime I go to whole foods, they are sold out of the other two. Is there any other place you buy it?

    ReplyDelete